Friday, December 08, 2006

Missions Update

Sure, it has been over two weeks since I posted. I am generally not the "wacky news of the day" type of blogger, so you will have to look elsewhere for that.

I wanted to bring you up to date concerning my future in ministry. To start off, I will be writing a short-term missions volunteer handbook and teach a class on what it means to be involved with short-term missions (STM). There are a lot of negative comments concerning this and I hope to show that STM is very productive and useful to the Kingdom if done correctly.

I will also be meeting with Pastor Tobey next week to discuss my role as a volunteer pastor. Yes, volunteer. Not even bi-vocational, at least paywise. But that is okay, because I am doing what God wants me to do. This is a learning experience and will help me get my feet wet. I will let you know how the meeting goes next week.

No comments: