Friday, February 23, 2007

Rough Week

It has been a rough week. I have acquired the same affliction as Spurgeon and Franklin. Gout. My doctor believes it was triggered due to a certain element in my blood pressure meds. All I know is that I don't want to ever get it again! Unfortunately, once you have it, gout can recur again. That has been the reason why I haven't written much this week.

I did pick up a few books. I just got Ironsides commentary on Isaiah and I just ordered G. Campbell Morgan's commentary on Psalms. I ordered two books of sermons by Alexander MacLaren last week, but they have not arrived yet. I will be starting a series of sermons on selected Psalms. Since I am not pastoring a church, this is more of an exercise or practice for me. My pastor agreed to look at them for me and give me some pointers.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: