Thursday, August 16, 2007

ESL in Croatia


Lona and I will be leaving tomorrow morning (0'dark:30) to travel to Croatia to work with a Baptist church in Karlovac. We will be teaching ESL which is a way for the church to reach out to the community. 99% of the country is Catholic (Roman and Eastern Orthodox flavors) and view any other church as a cult. By providing these classes, the church can show the people that the church is not a cult and uses the same Bible they use (more or less). Mainly it is building relationships and sharing the love of Jesus with the unchurched, which is what its all about, right?

We will be gone for two weeks, returning home on Sept 1. Please pray for us as we work with the Croatian pastor and the Southern Baptist missionaries.

2 comments:

Rolland said...

That is really exciting. I will be praying for both of you. I know God will use you both in a might way.

See you when you get home.

Rolland said...

I hope your trip was good. I have been praying for you. I know God used you in great ways. Talk to you soon.