Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Discipleship

To follow Christ is an invitation to come and die. - Bonnhoeffer


He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose. -Jim Elliott

"God loved a lost world and gave His only Son to be a missionary. I love a lost world and I am a missionary, heart and soul. In this service I hope to live and in it I wish to die." - Dr. David Livingstone

emoi gar to znv Xristos kai to apothaveiv kerdos - Paul



This idea has been on my mind constantly for many days now. Add to the mix that I have been reading Thomas a' Kempis' The Imitation of Christ and have written a paper on the book makes me wonder what God is trying to tell me. I just started reading in Matthew at chapter 10 and I get to verses 24-39 and I have to pause and ask God what is it He is bringing to my attention.

Obviously, I can do better as a disciple. I think I am prepared to die. I am not afraid to share the Gospel and am ready to do so.

"He who has found his life will lose it and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it."


Father, show me Your will. Share with me Your truth. Whisper in My ear what I am to shout from the rooftops. Tell me in darkness what I am to proclaim in the light.

No comments: