Friday, October 31, 2008

Restless

Well, another week and no new posts. I will post a couple of funny things later. I am restless. I am anxious to get started. But God has a plan and I must be patient. Have I told you I don't like to wait? As my friend Inago said, "I hate waiting." In the meantime, I will continue to make myself useful.

This semester is almost over. One more month, about 6 weeks. Dec 8 is my last final exam. I am actually finished with one class. I will be taking Intro to New Testament II and Preaching next semester. I am looking forward to both classes. Since I will be able to work on a few sermons next semester, I want to make myself available to preach more. I have been teaching a singles Sunday School class for the last 4 years. I will stop at the end of this year so that my Sundays are free. There are several small churches out on the plains that did not have a pastor and are always looking for someone to fill the pulpit. I would like to do that about once a month.

My wife and I are also looking at doing a mission trip to Ireland in June. This is where we believe God has called us to minister and we want to start making a connection with the people. We will probably help with a summer camp for kids and teens. We are excited about this opportunity. I also have my resume in to a couple of churches, so we will see what God has in store...even though that means waiting.

No comments: