- I have been happily married for close to 21 years (July 26) to the same wonderful Christian woman that I don't deserve. God is bringing us closer together every day.
- God has blessed me with musical talent that was nurtured by my mother and grandmother. I was classically trained on the piano from ages 5-20, took voice lesson and now play keyboards in the Worship Band at Vista Grande Baptist Church
- Mission work is my passion. This is God's calling on my life. It helps that I enjoy international travel. Over the last 14 years I have gone to Brazil a dozen times to help build churches but now God is sharpening my focus to evangelistic work. There have always been opportunities to share the gospel while constructing a church, but I have wanted more. Paul did not go into a town to strictly make tents and then share the gospel, but shared the gospel and, if he needed to stay awhile, made tents to support himself!
- I have a BA in History with a special interest in the medieval church and Irish history. Lona and I would like to move to Ireland to work with the churches and exploring the Irish Church history.
- I am eclectic when it comes to music. Some people would say I can't make up my mind. I prefer to think that I appreciate most genre's of music. Certain modern urban music is difficult to find redeeming qualities, but other than that, I can listen to most anything.
- My favorite book in the Bible is Ephesians followed by the Psalms. I did a 33 week study of the church at Ephesus starting with a few chapters in Acts, then Ephesians and ending in Revelation. It was quite fascinating, especially the first chapter. There are probably 30 sermons in that chapter!
- I love most sports. I played basketball in HS and one season in college. The small college had a crappy coach and my career would have included a lot of splinters so I moved on to other sports. I also played golf in HS and college. Playing for free is great and playing on some awesome courses in the midwest while in college was a dream. Crooked Stick is still my favorite course in Indiana. I also played one season of soccer in college. Never played the game in my life until then. After the first game of the season my sophomore year, 7 guys were injured for at least 5 games or more. Three guys were out the entire year. The coach had open tryouts. Seven of us went out and he kept all of us. I was probably the only soccer player with glasses (sports goggles, actually).
- My kids are the joys of my life. Madeleine is 11 going on 16 and seems to succeed in everything she does. She has an awesome voice and can mimic a decent Irish singer. Ian is 3 and our adopted gift from Korea. Being a new parent at 40 was tough. Three years later, we are trying to stay fit so that we can keep up with the little guy. Ian is a Thomas the Tank Engine savant! If he lived 150 years earlier, he would be an engineer.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Eight Things About Me
Randy tagged me with the 8 Things meme. Here we go: