Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Eight Things About Me

Randy tagged me with the 8 Things meme. Here we go:

  1. I have been happily married for close to 21 years (July 26) to the same wonderful Christian woman that I don't deserve. God is bringing us closer together every day.
  2. God has blessed me with musical talent that was nurtured by my mother and grandmother. I was classically trained on the piano from ages 5-20, took voice lesson and now play keyboards in the Worship Band at Vista Grande Baptist Church
  3. Mission work is my passion. This is God's calling on my life. It helps that I enjoy international travel. Over the last 14 years I have gone to Brazil a dozen times to help build churches but now God is sharpening my focus to evangelistic work. There have always been opportunities to share the gospel while constructing a church, but I have wanted more. Paul did not go into a town to strictly make tents and then share the gospel, but shared the gospel and, if he needed to stay awhile, made tents to support himself!
  4. I have a BA in History with a special interest in the medieval church and Irish history. Lona and I would like to move to Ireland to work with the churches and exploring the Irish Church history.
  5. I am eclectic when it comes to music. Some people would say I can't make up my mind. I prefer to think that I appreciate most genre's of music. Certain modern urban music is difficult to find redeeming qualities, but other than that, I can listen to most anything.
  6. My favorite book in the Bible is Ephesians followed by the Psalms. I did a 33 week study of the church at Ephesus starting with a few chapters in Acts, then Ephesians and ending in Revelation. It was quite fascinating, especially the first chapter. There are probably 30 sermons in that chapter!
  7. I love most sports. I played basketball in HS and one season in college. The small college had a crappy coach and my career would have included a lot of splinters so I moved on to other sports. I also played golf in HS and college. Playing for free is great and playing on some awesome courses in the midwest while in college was a dream. Crooked Stick is still my favorite course in Indiana. I also played one season of soccer in college. Never played the game in my life until then. After the first game of the season my sophomore year, 7 guys were injured for at least 5 games or more. Three guys were out the entire year. The coach had open tryouts. Seven of us went out and he kept all of us. I was probably the only soccer player with glasses (sports goggles, actually).
  8. My kids are the joys of my life. Madeleine is 11 going on 16 and seems to succeed in everything she does. She has an awesome voice and can mimic a decent Irish singer. Ian is 3 and our adopted gift from Korea. Being a new parent at 40 was tough. Three years later, we are trying to stay fit so that we can keep up with the little guy. Ian is a Thomas the Tank Engine savant! If he lived 150 years earlier, he would be an engineer.
Well, that is it for now. I don't know 8 people to pass this on to, so it will stop here.

No comments: