Monday, October 22, 2007

Rockies vs. Red Sox

Well, it took the Red Sox 7 games to dispatch the Indians and now we know who the Rockies play. The series opens in Boston on Wednesday. As I said previously, I am not jumping on the Rockies bandwagon but I am pulling for the kids that I have been watching over the last 13 years while watching the Colorado Springs Sky Sox. All the starters except for Kaz Matsui have spent time in Colorado Springs. A home grown team. This doesn't happen too often. I think I will really enjoy this series. I can only hope that the farm talent that the Reds have developed will see the same results next summer. But for now, it is the kids from down the road getting to play on the biggest stage of the game: the World Series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I watched most of the Big Red Machine come through Indy. You get to liking those guys.

I think it will be a fun series. I find myself not caring so much who wins, just looking forward to the games and the compelling stories that will emerge.

I expect it to be a pretty clean series, without the rancor that spoils good games.

Rolland said...

That is cool. I did not know that all the starters except for the second base (is that right, or is it outfield) are all from the Sky Sox. I have not watched the Sox as regularly as you have but when I think about it, I think I have watched at least one game per year for quite a while. So I have probably watched all these guys in the farm league. That is great. I am really looking forward to this series.