Monday, March 17, 2008

Wearin' o' the Green

I am wearing my Ireland Gaelic Football shirt today. I have always had an affinity towards St. Patrick's Day. Mainly, because my birthday is the day before (44 years and counting) but more so after all the Irish history books and Irish church history that I have read.

I have my own opinions and ideas of who St. Patrick was (he was adopted as a saint by the Catholic Church, but you will not find any documentation that he was Catholic). I have been to 3 church sites where he founded the first church. One church is still holding services today, nearly 1600 years after the founding!

If you are wearing green today, then I salute you and wish you a great day. If you are wearing orange, I will pray for you and question your loyalties! If you don't understand the difference, then you need to read some history books.

No comments: