Friday, April 18, 2008

Preaching and Teaching Projects

I haven't written anything this week because of a lot of things but I have thought a lot about what to post and reading other blogs. I have read more in Matthew, but nothing has pressed me to write. The earthquake in Illinois is newsworthy. The Reds beating the Cubs last night (stopping a 5 game losing streak) is not unless you are a fan of the team. Lona and I ate dinner with some friends at a German place last night. I could eat another helping of the red cabbage.

Here are some thoughts for preaching and teaching I have running through my head:

  1. Philippians - I have been working on this all semester in Greek 2
  2. Matthew - This is such an important book because of all the prophecies connecting Jesus to the OT, the Sermon on the Mount, the Lord's Prayer, etc.
  3. Life of Jacob - this would be more of a Bible study than a series of sermons
  4. Ezekiel - same thing: Bible study rather than preaching through the book
  5. James - a sermon series
These ideas are running through my mind because of the ministry opportunity that I have applied for. I guess I will wait for the Lord's leading.

No comments: