Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Submerging from Emerging

For the last couple of years I have been studying this whole Emerging Church phenomena and have finally come to a conclusion. A lot of people are wasting a lot of time, ink and trees on this issue (if it really is an issue). Every blog I read and the few books I have waded through have one item in common; someone has a beef with their local church. I am tired of hearing the same old thing. "The church did this to me; the church did that to me; I think the church should be this way; I think worship is this; I think, I think, I think."

As God told Job, "I am God and you are not." (paraphrased and probably used by many Christian authors). People need to quit playing God within the church; they need to quit playing church within the church. These complainers need to be involved in ministry and don't listen to other people or themselves. Stay focused on God, focused in the Word and focused on people other than themselves. And they need to know that every church is full of sinners saved by grace and not perfect. Some even have tempers and personalities that don't mesh with yours. And you gotta love them anyways.

So for me and my new journey into fulltime gospel ministry, I will be avoiding the daily reading of Emerging-friendly blogs. Somebody's time has already been wasted in producing the blog, why should I compound that wastefulness by reading it.

No comments: