Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ten Moments of 2007

I am sure there are more than 10, but I wanted to take some time to think of ten moments over this past year that has had an impact on my life:

  1. March - Spending a week with my family and my dad in Utah during spring break. We were one of only 5 families staying at a summer resort. It was sort of like a ghost town. We spent a lot of time playing games and watching DVDs. It was too cold to go out and play in the snow! We spent a lot of quality time together.
  2. April - my youngest cousin emailed me and wanted some advice and someone to talk to. He had a horrible dad and is dealing with a lot of issues. I was surprised by his email, but thankful that I could help.
  3. January/February - I was able to coach my daughter's 6th grade basketball team. It was a great time to spend with my daughter.
  4. May - A pastor friend of mine resigned from his ministry position. A sobering experience to go through. I had to do a lot of soul searching and prayer.
  5. June - Spent a week doing music for Vacation Bible School with nearly 400 kids! Aye-yi-yi!
  6. July - Spent 10 days in Brazil building a church and preaching for the first time. A truly awesome experience.
  7. July - Got to preach the evening service at my home church.
  8. August - Spent 2 weeks in Croatia with my lovely wife teaching ESL and was asked to preach twice. It was this mission trip which cemented in my mind that God has called us to missions and to preach. I still can't rightly express the emotions of that trip. I am still processing how God moved.
  9. September - Started seminary and tackled Intro to Greek as my first class. It was a love/hate relationship but I am looking forward to the next class.
  10. September through December - Praying for a local ministry opportunity of which I hope to have an interview in January.
There are several more, including my cousin Natalie's funeral, this blogging thing and the people I have met through blogging. Maybe in early January I will list some things I am looking forward to.

No comments: