Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Verse of the Day

As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the Glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking. Ezekiel 1:28 NASB

I don't see visions like Ezekiel's everyday, or any day for that matter, but I do see the hand of God working in my life and the life of my family. I see God's creation everyday when I look at Pike's Peak. When I am riding my bike to work, there is one stop light I always stop at and I look to the mountains and am humbled.

When I read God's word, I am always humbled, yet not as much as I should be. I should be in awe that God's word to man is sitting in my lap. I would love to experience this sense of awe that Ezekiel experienced. I know I will one day in the future.

No comments: